The access to the different sections and features of your Octavo organisations is governed by the roles assigned to the members. If your account is granted enough privileges, you can control the user's roles.
By default, a member of an organisation has no specific role on it. They are just members and do not have access to any action in the organisation area. Roles define the level of access of a user, meaning that a user with no roles, have the most basic level of access.
|Owner||Can manage every aspect of the organisation, including deleting it|
|Access head||Can control the access of the different users, invite more, and assign roles|
|Content head||Content manager who can create oBooks, edit their pages, oBook types etc|
Adding users to the organisation
Another member with enough level of access (at least Access head, for instance), can invite users to the organisation via email.
- In your organisation Users tab, click on the Add users button in the top right to open the dialog to invite users.
- Write (or paste) the list of emails of the users to invite. Remember to hit enter to save each email.
- Click on Add. An email invitation will be sent to users so they can Accept or Reject the invitation and the invite will be available in the Notifications area to respond.
In case the the email address invited is not an Octavo account, the user will see the invitation ready in their Notifications area if and only if they sign up using the same email address. Otherwise Octavo cannot relate the newly created account with any previously sent invitation.
Manage user roles
In order to change the level of access of a member of your organisation follow these steps.
- In your organisation Users tab, find the user you want to update.
- Click the three dots button at the end of the row and then Manage roles.
- Select or deselect the roles to be assigned to the user.
- Click Save