One of the most important features of Octavo is that everything is just in sync across devices thus not having to download files or worry about them being lost.
Sync flow on Android
Right after you log-in in the app, your library is downloaded to your device automatically. From this point, your library is updated as follows:
- When getting new content from the same device, this is added directly to your library and securely stored in the cloud.
- Content acquired from any other device triggers an update in all your devices, pushing your content directly.
- Every day, when your device is not in use, Octavo checks whether the local copy matches your cloud library.
In some cases, you may not find the content you'd expect in your library. Try the following troubleshooting to identify what is going on and how to solve it.
One of my oBooks disappeared from my library
Once published, oBooks are there to stay, however sometimes oBooks are removed from the catalogue, either temporarily or permanently, if they do not comply with Octavo terms of conditions. In these cases, you won't have access to it until it is published again. In this case, it will automatically appear again in your library.
My library is empty in one of my devices
- Double check your library effectively has content by logging-in on another device (such a web browser) and confirm you can find your titles there. Make sure you're using the same account in both (check the email from the side menu).
- In Octavo for Android, go to "My library" and pull-to-refresh your library by pulling the center of the screen towards the bottom. (See figure below)